The idea for the Boys Circle is to create a supportive, male led environment to help boys to transition into young adults. A male only space is important in helping boys to express themselves freely, experiment with their feelings and to witness and learn to interact with other boys and men.
The key aims of the group will be to encourage the boys to…
- Have an awareness of the world around them
- Understand and respect themselves
- Understand and respect others
- Take responsibility for their actions
- Be kind and be the best boys (and men) that they can.
These qualities will be developed through games, challenges, making, crafting, building, stories and talking with an acknowledgment of the changes and transitions of growing up with ceremony.
The initial group will be made up of boys who are 9 – 10 years old.
There will be an initial 5 sessions on the first Sunday of every month until March.
The Boys Circle is run Alex Holloway who is co-director of the Aeron Valley Wellbeing Hub. Previously a specialist primary school teacher, Alex now works as a children’s Yoga teacher, dance facilitator for all ages and tai-chi instructor.
The Boys Circle will be based in a small woodland in Ciliau Aeron.
The sessions will run from 10am – 1pm.
Snacks, drinks and all materials for activities will be provided.
The Sunday sessions planned are…
- 5 November 2023 : Welcome Back
- 3 December 2023 : Resilience & Expression
- January 2024 : Peace Building & Friendship
- February 2024 : Change & Intuition
- March 2024 : Crossing The Threshold